ROBERTO MANGO (1920 – 2003) (Attrib.)
Woven rattan pair of chairs
Rattan, painted metal
60 cm x 73,6 cm x 76,2 cm
24 in x 29,1in x 29.9in
Private collection, Italy
Roberto Mango was an Italian architect and designer, professor of industrial design at the Faculty of Architecture of the University of Naples Federico II since 1958.
He graduated in 1946 at the Faculty of Architecture in Naples. From 1949 to 1950 he is at Princeton University with a research Fellowship. From 1951 to 1952 he was a correspondent for the architecture and design magazine Do- mus. From 1951 to 1953 he is co-director of Interiors’ magazine in New York. He was the founder of the Neapolitan design school, contributing, through studies and research projects, to renewing the language of industrial design culture. From 1954 to 1964 he was the Italian correspondent for the American magazine Industrial Design.
In 1967 he received the Compasso d’Oro for research on design.